From the old bridge over the river Cervaro there is access to a remarkable building that develops massively on a square plan, with a large courtyard. The building is divided on two floors, has large barrel vaults, spans and arches set on square stone pedestals. The Taverna del Ponte has been in the centuries the fulcrum of commercial exchanges, the main place of the encounters between peasants and merchants, and a refreshment point for idle travelers, who alternated in the premises of the tavern. Probably built on the remains of a Samnite village (IV sec. a.c.), the Taverna in the Augustan age was a post station for those traveling along the consular road Minucia: here there was the change of horses and it was possible to buy the services of carters, blacksmiths and veterinarians.
In 1205 Bishop Roberto di Bovino gave the post a hospice and a church dedicated to the Archangel Michael and in 1564 it was bought by the Guevara Dukes who gave it the current plant.
Its history remains connected over the centuries to exchanges, communication and travel. Following the establishment of the state postal service it became one of the most important mail stations of the Kingdom of Naples and in 1806, under Giuseppe Bonaparte, it became the seat of the Gendarmeria to defend the postal service from the brigands that raged in the Vallo del Cervaro. With the advent of rail transport, given the passage in its proximity to the line-bell-point, part of it was used as a depot for coal steam locomotives on the stretch Caserta - Foggia. Later it was used first for the sorting of tobacco, then as a barn. Today it is private property, and has been recently partially restored.