It is announced by an imposing bell tower cuspidato this unusual religious building registered to the patron saint of the village, Maria Santissima di Murgia.
The Church was built in 1199, as attested by the beautiful epigraph in Benevento characters currently located near the door of the sacristy and which is the only written document on its origin. According to a historical hypothesis, the church housed the remains of Frederick II, who died in nearby Castel Fiorentino, before embarking on the journey for burial in the Cathedral of Palermo.
The exterior is at the same time austere and elegant, characterized by Romanesque lines and the use of exposed stone and the beautiful portal around the thirteenth century. with Corinthian capitals. The structure has undergone profound transformations over time. In the early eighteenth century an extension was carried out that led to the current shape of a Latin cross and was built the bell tower with the clock set on the side. It houses works of art of considerable interest, such as the crucifix of the fourteenth century the stone ciborium of 1532, the organ of 1600 , an opulent chapel decorated with baroque stucco that preserves the statue of the Madonna and several paintings of the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries.