The ancient oil mill of the Nova family was built in the sixteenth century inside a cave specially excavated to contain it. Originally the crusher used a stone mill moved by a donkey or a mule and two wooden presses manually pushed by 4 men thanks to a "monk" (wooden axis). The monk was tied with a rope to a second iron axis that rotating operated the presses in charge of pressing the bags of cloth containing the olives.
The oil mill, born for the needs of the Nova family, owners of many olive groves, became with time a trap for public use, which made it necessary to install two more presses to meet the needs of the population. The old oil mill of Sant'Agata remained in business until 1927. and is still fully functional today. Since 1993, thanks to the availability of the owners and the action of the Proloco can be visited.